Saturday, January 06, 2007

trouble in paradise + Cryons are one of Caroline's island necessities

I have to be brief. We are in Ko Tao (I don't have my camera to load pictures but I am sure Google image would be useful in finding what this place looks like), small tropical island in the gulf of thailand, arrived yesturday on a speed boat from Ko Samui where we spent 4 days including a night at the Full moon Party in Ko Pang Gnan. Here we are staying in a rustic bungelow 3 meters away from the water on a rocky hillside. there are 30 bungelows scattered around the area with a small private beach and a resturant/reception in the middle of the site. The only way to get here is by long tail boat. To get to this internet shop I had to hike one kilometer on a loosly marked path through the jungle. Its been raining on and off all day which is nice to experience tropical mansoon rains I guess. anyway, the trouble in paradise is that on the night of Full Moon Party, I lost caroline after we had an mini argument about her party behavior. I spend the rest of the night looking for her amid the 12000 or so party goers with no luck. I wont talk about the actual party for now, but the point is, she was lost, or so I thought and I was looking .. that sounds like trouble to me.
Now here in Ko Tao, Caroline decided to go back to the port area to look for color paint or cryons to color her collection of corals she managed to gather from the beach. Its just funny to me that should even want to go buy cryons on an island where we only get 4 hours of electricity at night, have no real roads, where people mainly come for diving, Or as I like to describe it to be on the end of civilization. I was surprised but she claims to have found some.

No comments: