Monday, January 15, 2007

Smokes


In Ko Tao, an island with very little village and alot of woods, and remote bungalows, I went to Amsterdam Coffee Shop, a place I was told about by this Italian guy I met in Chiang Mai. I found it at the end of the strip of shops near the piers, its on the roof of a dodgy empty building and like its name suggests you go there for grass.
I climbed the steps to find the bar with two guys sitting their and the bartender, I asked discreetly if I can buy grass and I was told "yea but you have to stay for a drink" so I do. I sit down on a stool and look over next to me to find a big gun (loaded with more amu sitting next to it) WOW! what am I doing? I get a beer, chug it so I can leave as soon as possible then get two joints one to smoke there and another to go. by this time the sun went down and it was totally dark. luckily I had my flashlight so I had to make my way back to our bungalow one kilometer away but walking through dense jungle and a loosely defined path, I am high and freakig out from the gun that was next to my elbow. What an experience that was, Somehow I found my way, although I got lost for a moment..
the following night I went for some more, I bought a couple of joints and we smoked at the Banana Rock Bar right next to our bungalow built over the water in a little bay, it was great, Caroline, Rob, this french woman, two sweeds we sad on and relaxed and smoked.
That was the begining, in Cambodia things were much easier since one gets bombarded with offers to buy smokes as one walks down the street especially in Phnom Penn, also Happy Pizza is available at almost any pizza shop and there are alot of them. I do not recommend happy pizza, although it sounded cool, it can be lethal, if you have too much It fucks with your stomach and you stays in your system forever, plus we don't know whats really in it.

No comments: