Thursday, December 28, 2006

only (lonley) children

our trekking experience made us realize how well we get along with complete strangers.. analyzing this over another rice lunch I figured that our sociability has everything to do with growing up with siblings.. Caroline has 3 and I have 2. Also alot of love doesn't hurt. I just find it difficult to remember one only-child that I have met in all my life that wasn't awkward, socially challenged, insecure or had trouble being alone once an adult.. I shouldn't generalize, I am sure there are OK only-children out there and not so OK children with siblings, but for sure there is a trend here. I do feel bad for an only child, its lonely and does no good to an adult who can't be alone, needs constant attention and reminders of how important and great they are just because thats what they were told or even not when they were kids... its mental.

No comments: