Tuesday, January 23, 2007

from one bed to Ko Chang to another in Kyoto





crazy transition and trip. Ko Chang is incredible, my favorite place in Thailand, my favorite beach in the world, I miss it. I met a very nice guy, Alex, and we even shared a bungalow my last two days. BUT, thats another story to tell. Now, I have a couple of minute to write about the trip from a remote beach on a remote island to downtown Japaneses style hotel all in one travel sequence! which took 30 hours!!!

last two nights in Ko Chang I had almost no sleep and on the morning of the 21st I got out of bed ( I wasn't sleeping) at 6 am to walk in pitch black darkness on the beach to the opposite end of the beach to wake Caroline up in her bungalow. I walked back, packed, said good bye to a very special new friend and walked back to meet Caroline, take a taxi (which is a pick up truck where you sit in the back on either side) to the pier where we sat on the roof of a boat to take us to main land, then wait for a bus to take us to Bangkok, we get off on the high way 7 hours later, take a taxi to the airport, wait for a few hours for our flight, fly at midnight to Tokyo, take the Narita express from airport to tokyo station, only have 10 minutes to find our platform for the Shenkensen bullet train to Kyoto, take a bus from the station to our Ryoken (traditional Japanese Hotel) and finally we have a bed.
You can't make this shit up!
the super fast train from Tokyo to Kyoto is only 2.5 hours, otherwise an 8 hour bus ride! our plane landed at 7:30 am and we were in Kyoto by noon! what a transition, from being hot, naked on the beach, where nothing is on time one day to being cold, dressed in multiple layers in a super clean super fashionable place the next day. words do no justice to this transition, it must be experienced. my mind is fucked. I love this place and that place.

No comments: