Monday, December 18, 2006

Hello from Bangkok where hairy pies are everywhere


Its Monday here and probably still sunday in the USA... this city is cracking me up!!
Caroline and I arrived on Sunday in the crazy oversized brand new Bangkok airport after 23 hours in the air plus 2 hours layover in Tokyo. We had arranged for a limo to pick us up and it was awsome! our hotel where the IASTE conference is taking place is pretty .. ummm.. hyperrealistic. from our 19th floor room where we have an entire wall of glass overlooking the city, the view is impressive. low market-style blocks with bars and pool halls mixed with tall tall high rise blocks. almost everyone is wearing yellow shirts. lots of sex tourists (almost all white americans, irish and australians).. and lots of "hairy pies" to serve them.

we leeeave tonight with the conference to Ayutayya where there is a closing ceremony of sorts and then we stay there and begin our own journey.. caroline and I are starting a new blog dedicated to this trip but I will keep posting on hereee once in a while. oh my god this is just exciting stuff, let me tell ya!

from bangkok with love.

No comments: