Tuesday, December 26, 2006

life in Chiang Mai







I love this city. Again I find myself enjoying easy life with not-so-complicated people, away from jelousy, envy, pity, just to name a few of what one faces on a daily basis in Cambridge. I just slip on my comfortable pants, go for a walk, sit in a cafe, have a well-made cup of coffee, meet some clear-minded people, some here for a while, some have moved here, some are just passing-by like myself. There are alot of writers here, seems like a good place to come and stay for a while during the process of writing a book. A few Italian writers, a few French and even a couple of Americans are roaming the internet cafes editing their transcripts. There is a street with a few bars, cafes and resturaunts with various writer-related themes: The Library, Ink, and Writers Cafe are just a few.
Got up at about 8 today, Caroline went for her morning run while I slept some more, then we moved to another guesthouse that we found yesturday, its brand new and gorgous and cheap too.. since we are here until the first of Jan we though we might as well move to an excellent place and enjoy it.
I went for a walk in the morning, alone, to enjoy the plathura of cafes, had breakfast at this french-diner-looking place, yummy omlette suffed with an onion/tomato mix served with the yummiest multi-grain bread and coffee all for 85 Baht, that comes to about $2.50, AWSOME!! I was missing some American-style breakfast. After my walk, met up with Caroline and we took a tuk-tuk to visit this amazing temple outside the city, set in the forest with these underground tunnels for meditation, I met another totally hot young monk, I just find it to be so hot to meet all these atractive, young, monks.. they are very shy and not very talkative even if they speak english.. but I must say, a few of them got me interested! total fantasy right now.

We had Yoga practice today at 5, it was really crowded but very nice, I just love the people that go to our yoga studio (called Yoga Studio), the instructor today was new but good. can't go tomorrow because we are leaving in the morning for a two day+one night trip out in the "jungle": water-rafting, elephant riding, mountain hiking, village sleeping.. its gonna be awsome!

after a meal in a popular local eatery, I thought I'd come blog the day.

Oh yea, how can I forget, Last night we went for a walk across the moat (Chiang Mai is a perfect square in plan with a moat all around) towards the Night Market and oh boy we passed a few interesting bars with lots of horney, usually ugly white men with their Thai girlfriends, it was bizarre watching the chemistry! took a few peeping-tom photos to document the strange phenomenon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great pictures!

hope to see more ---

even videos if you can, the eyeballin' one was pretty funny

- tom