Thursday, June 22, 2006

sònar

Since I came back from barcelona I have been taking it easy, eating, sleeping and watching arabic tv. so I thought that right after I come back I can head south where I can take a ferry to tunisia from salerno, however, it runs every 3 days not everyday and the next one is on the 23, then 26th of june. with this recent change of plan and marcelo convincing me to stay for a really hot party this weekend in milan again I have chosen to leave on monday by plane from milan to tunis and skip the whole boat thing. kinda feel like I fucked up since I really wanted to spend a couple of days in malta and do the whole boat thing again, plus I am loosing a couple days that should have been in tunis not still in italy. so tough. so tunis will only be 10-11 days and I cant wait.

sonar was one of the most rediculous experiences in my life and I want to go back, im buying my tickets, flight and hotel for next year as soon as the dates are out. I was in shock of how such an event exists. I felt right at home. no pretentcious assholes buying their way with cute dresses to feel like they a hip, or stupid bitches with nothing positive to say but to please themselves. NO! only really chill authentic people who really love this music and the people who lsten to it. again I forgot alot but I remember dancing in the rain under a thunderstorm on the first day, smoking and drinking with complete strangers like we have been friends for years. fuck its so refreshing. teh music was amazing, the best in advanced music anywhere, they had multiple stages for the sonar day with exhibitions inside the cccb and macba, a record fair with lots of free stuff.. I can go on. sonar by night was on friday and saturday and to get there the thousands of sonar goers line up to take the sonar bus which took us to the venue outside the city and wow, its fucking huge. I couldnt believe how big this was, 5 gigantic stages with supersized lights and screens and soundsystem. I split up with giacomo since we wanted to listen to different things, and I met some other really cool people who were all sharing the goods!! so I got kinda chill by two and had already bought my own supply of mdma and was waiting for tiga to go on at 3:15 in the sonar lab.. wow he was so rediculous, I never danced like that in my life and totally lost myself, I was a fucking superstar, I didnt care about anyone, dancing and kissed and danced and and and (btw there were alot of irish and english people) and danced until the music stopped at 8:30 and I opened my eyes to see the sun spinning over my head. I was a piece of heaven until the ringing in my ears started and the high wouldnt stop, I had burned every ounce of fat on my body and I was glowing like a fucking flourecent red light... the rest until the next night better be skipped but it included a quick visit to hospital del mar, vomitting, a bus ride with a group of english boys and girls who wanted to have a vomitting contest and a big KFC meal..

OH MY FAVORITE (A TOUCH OF CLASS) were at SONAR


after a nap for couple of hours, I went back to sonar by day then sonar by night and did it all over again (miss kittin was pretty fucking good too!)

Goldfrappppp (night #2)


Miss Kittin (beach party)


THE KNIFE


scissor sisters !!


Post Sonar Beach Party (the morning after the night before!!!!!!)


TIGA!!!!

No comments: